David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Sorry for the confusion!

It came to my attention that my last blog entry was mistaken for something that was currently going on, so in case that wasn't straightened out for someone, that was a quote from last year. I just wanted to reminisce since it was a year since the night that he coded.

Anyways, we've been super busy around here. David is doing well - he's still sick but still at home, so I'm thankful for that. He's got a couple more days on the pulmizyme and then *hopefully* we'll get to go back to two breathing treatments a day, instead of every three hours. These breathing treatments are messing with everyone's sleep schedules.

David hasn't been sleeping real well, I think it's partially because of the breathing treatments, but he keeps waking up in the middle of the night, just absolutely inconsolable - screaming, fighting - he doesn't want to be held or touched or moved or anything. I'm starting to think that they are night terrors.

A small update on David - he's standing really well now. He of course still needs support but he'll stand with very minimal support for about ten minutes before he needs a break - as long as you keep him entertained. He's eating a little bit better - he'll take a bite of pretty much anything we're eating - but his favorite thing is still graham and ritz crackers. We're still a loooooooong way away from taking all his nutrients by mouth, but at least he's moving in that direction. He'll also drink about four ounces of water a day, which by David standards is FANTASTIC!

A couple of new tricks - if you tell him "tell me a secret!" He'll lean into your ear and say "haaaaaa" SO cute. Also, he's learning to smile on cue, which will make our picture taking SO much easier. And, he's learning different body parts, if I tell him "may I have a kiss on my nose?" He'll give me a kiss on my nose! He also knows cheek and forehead. SO sweet.

Today we had to go up to the hospital to get chest xrays, they want to make sure he doesn't have pneumonia since he still coughs up green stuff. I'm not worried about it, because I'm fairly confident that this is just a lasting cough. I know that I cough for a while after I'm sick.

I'm having the plaque made for Dr. Chavez - it should be ready on Tuesday. *Hopefully* we'll go up to the hospital next Thursday and give her the plaque and the letter. I'm also making a collage for the nurses and other staff in the PICU in photoshop to give them. I'll share the finished product when I get there.

Ummm... I think that's it. Here's some pictures I've taken recently:

Something I bet you don't see very often - here's three and a half days worth of David meds 23_34_2%5B1%5D.gif

user posted image

Here's a couple of pictures from Easter Sunday - David and I packed up and went to Meme's house. We had a good time - David's always such a ham, and LOVES attention 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

I only took two pictures (can you believe it) but David tried lots of new things at dinner - he tried cottage cheese, pork n beans, corn on the cob (well, I gave it to him to see what he would do, he wouldn't even pick it up), and iced tea. Of course, he hardly ate anything, but we had fun letting him try new things.

Here are the pictures.

Sitting with Amy.
user posted image

Playing with the infamous phone 36_19_4%5B1%5D.gif 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

And finally, David hopes all of you had a

user posted image

No comments:

What's the rest of the story?