David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

David's Easter basket (see my previous post for the rest of the easter pictures)
user posted image

He didn't really care much for any of it 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Here he is, playing out in the driveway. We have a pretty long driveway - it goes all the way from the street to the back of the house, where the garage is. So he has quite a bit of room to play - but he's gotten to where he can go so fast that I start to panic if he gets too far away LOL

user posted image
user posted image

We've discovered that David LOVES being outside - as long as he can be on the sidewalk, or on concrete. He HATES being in the grass. I'm guessing he feels unsafe because the ground is uneven, and the grass is still prickly, since winter just ended.
user posted image

He's okay as long as he's holding onto this toy 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image

And I have a secret - David's not really smiling here, he's going "SSSSSSSSSSSSS" haha... whatever works, right???
user posted image

Here's David playing outside with Mabel the other day
user posted image
The other day, when I got home, David and Joni were outside playing, and David was wearing his sunglassses - he looked so cute.
user posted image
user posted image

This picture cracks me up - look at his hands.
user posted image

Here's David and Joni. I made sure to get some pictures of them together since we decided to switch nursing companies. I had these framed and gave them to her - they really have a special bond together.
user posted image
user posted image

David's so active now that it's hard to get a picture of him doing anything staying still. Almost all of his pictures he's walking somewhere, and with a little bit of luck, I am in front of him and not behind him 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Let me begin by saying that David is usually FANTASTIC when I take him out in public.

Well, he must've been tired on Sunday or something, but we went to a baby shower and I was shocked by the way he acted.

He was crying constantly, I'd give him something and he'd throw it, I'd pick him up and he'd grab my glasses - I mean, just BAD.

What do you do in a situation like that? I didn't want to raise my voice to him in the middle of the restaurant. Normally I'd put him in time out for behaving like that, but that's the first time he's ever done it in public.

So what do you do when our angels start to act like devils?

David played in the sprinklers for the first time today! He's not dressed for it because I wasn't planning on letting him (rather, I didn't think he'd WANT to) but he came outside with me so I could move the sprinkler and enjoyed it! So, I grabbed the camera and here's what we got:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He wouldn't actually go INTO the grass to get closer to the sprinkler, but he was still getting wet 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He started to get a little brave towards the end 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I got lucky and found your site again! I have been missing seeing David grow! Our computer went poot and I lost EVERYTHING! I know you probably don't remember me posting much, but my name is Robyn and I live in AL with my 25 weeker, Samuel and his 36 weeker brother, Aaron. I hope you don't mind if I catch up some! Last time I got on here, he was still on O2. He looks great and has grown up sooo much!

What's the rest of the story?