David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The other day David's friend Matthew (Javier's friend Kevin's son) came over to play. It's amazing to see David around other kids, because he tries things that he's typically afraid to try, or things he's never tried before. He hasn't had much opportunity to be around children his age, but I think he really enjoys it. Anyways, I took Matthew and David out in the backyard to play. And, for the first time, David actually walked around in the grass without holding my hand! I know it seems silly, but I was so proud, watching him play back there! 23_30_125%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Look at Matthew's face 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

David's having a fit because Matthew got away 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image


For the most part, the weather has been beautiful lately. Recently, I decided to slather some sunscreen on David and put him in his bathing suit so he could play in the sprinklers again. He had so much fun! I kept telling him "go, go! Go, walk on the sidewalk" and he'd say "Go. Go. Go." 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif (He's just NOW getting to where he'll repeat what you say, but that's a whole other post haha) Anyways, here's some of the pictures I took:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

David's learning his ABC's. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif It's the cutest thing EVER.

He can say (by repeating me) up to E. F is too hard of a letter apparently. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

I'll have to get it on video, though - because I just LOVE the way he says A.

David wanted to go "bye bye" SO bad last weekend. I took him outside to play for a little while and he went up to Javier's car and would NOT move from it. If I tried to walk away, he would cry, come over and grab my hand, and put my hand by the door handle of Javier's car to open it. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

Anyways, so I decided to take him to the park. He's only been once (last year) and didn't really like it all that much. But this time he LOVED it!! I was really surprised! Here's the pictures:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Then I put him on the swings. At first, he was unsure about it, but then I couldn't get him out of them! He swung for seriously about 45 minutes. He swung until it was nearly putting him to sleep! But each time I stopped it & tried to get him out, he had a fit! 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He was so funny, though, because he sat in it like this. No matter what I did, he wouldn't sit up straight. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Finally, I was about to die of thirst, so it was time to go. And when I did take him out, and we started to leave, he threw the biggest temper tantrum EVER. I had to carry him, kicking and screaming, to the car. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif

I guess he likes the park. 36_1_11%5B1%5D.gif

We took David outside last night, and I don't know what happened, but when he came back in, his nose was running, his eyes were all swollen and dripping, and his skin was blotchy:

user posted image

I gave him his clariton a little early (he usually gets it at around 7pm) and later some benadryl. It eventually cleared up. I guess it was just allergies?

Today I took David out to the CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) event. Blue Cross was one of the sponsors, and quite a few of my coworkers were running in the 5K race. Anyways, they had a fair type thing out there, with booths and stuff, so I took David, and invited Amy, and she brought Jaxon. Here's the pictures that I got:
user posted image
user posted image

Jaxon didn't want his knees to touch the sidewalk 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Oh, I forgot to mention, David stayed up way past his bedtime last night (Javier took him out to dinner) and was SO tired. So he was pretty cranky pretty much the whole time LOL
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

They had a face painting booth, but since David was so fussy, I knew that wouldn't go over well. So, we opted for a "tattoo" instead. That didn't go over well either. 36_19_4%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Here's the pictures from the ceremony:
user posted image

They let go of 400 balloons while the woman was singing "Over the Rainbow" to represent the 400 children that CASA has represented in court in order to protect them from sexual and physical abuse. It was very touching, and I seriously had to choke back tears.
user posted image
user posted image

And, I just thought this picture was cool
user posted image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So grown up! I just love him running through the sprinkler. He is such a happy boy! So happy to hear he has taken to the grass, it looks like you have a great yard!

Robyn said...

Are they spraying for mosquitos in your neighborhood yet? If so, that could have been the culprit for his poor runny eyes and blotchy face! If not then, I would chalk it up to allergies:)

He has seriously gotten so so handsome! I missed reading about him when I lost the addy to your blog, I'm so glad to see him defying doctors and getting out there and being a total BOY! Yay!

What's the rest of the story?