David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Birthday David!!!

Well, my little man turned two on Friday. I can't believe it. We threw his party on Sunday, August 5th. The guests included Meme, Lizzie, Weston, Mom, JoAnn, Susan, Yvonne, Alex, Aty, and Christian. We had a great time. He got lots of clothes - he's in size 4T now! He also got lots of cool toys including many puzzles, dinosaurs, a set of golf clubs, a piano/xylophone in the shape of a cow, some books, and much much more! We really had a good time.

Here are the pictures from the party:

The house (big thanks to Mom and JoAnn for helping with - ok doing all of - the decorations) :
user posted image

user posted image

The cake:
user posted image

David and Mom
user posted image

David, wearing Weston's hat
user posted image

Presents!!!

This was his FAVORITE present. Yes, it's an envelope. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I tied this balloon to his wrist - but it kept getting in his way. Here he is, trying to push it away. LOL
user posted image

Back to the best present ever. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Cake time!!!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Daddy helping
user posted image

My nephew, Weston
user posted image

Then it got even messier
user posted image

And - so the rest of the pictures he looks like he's been in a fight. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

David playing with my friend Aty and her son, Christian.
user posted image

Giving Aty kisses
user posted image

Golf clubs!!
user posted image

user posted image

36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

The aftermath
user posted image

All in all, a great party. Mom and JoAnn stayed after and we grilled some steaks... oh, and my mom made her world famous (well, it should be anyways) potato salad.

OK... so we've been so busy lately it's crazy. My job is great. A little overwhelming right now but still great. It would be even better if I could get more sleep at night and didn't have to worry about staying awake during training. haha.

The house is finally put together and in working order. Well, not so much RIGHT NOW since we just had a party - but it WAS. I love it here - this is such a nice home, and I really feel relaxed when I walk through the door. Not like at the apartment when I was mad the whole time I was there - constantly tripping over everything. Ugh.

Here's what you saw when you looked out my window the other day, in fact:

A beautiful rainbow!
user posted image
user posted image

And, a bird, strutting his stuff. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

David went to the doctor today for his two year check up. He now weighs 36 pounds... even though last friday he only weighed 35. Holy moly! He's getting so big! So, they've put him on half strength formula. Also, they're going to try to wean him off of one of his medicines - which will be great.

He's got a little bit of a cold right now. Well, we all do. It's not strep, thankfully - so hopefully he'll get over it soon.

David is crawling all over the place. It's amazing -and sometimes I get a little teary eyed when I watch this little boy crawl. I know it sounds cheesy - but they told me that David would likely never do many of these things due to his neurological damages. But he's proving everybody wrong everytime he crawls across the room for a toy!

Finally, here are the rest of the pictures that I haven't shared here yet.

His new look:
user posted image

36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

Anyways, here's a couple of pictures of his new tricks - this is what he does when you tell him "byebye" - he waves to himself 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

And when you say "where is your hair?"
user posted image

I was trying to tell him to take off his "earring" - and I would say "where's your ear?" well, he thought it was the funniest thing in the whole world. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
He finally got it!
user posted image

OK I *think* I got everything for now. I'll try to be better about updating - I promise!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday big boy! I can't believe how big he is. He is getting cuter and cuter by the day! Congrats on a spectacular milestone!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!! That's awesome he is proving everyone wrong!!! The party looks like it was great =) I loved all the pics but the last ones take the cake!!! haha I love to see him smiling! he looks SOOOO Happy!! You are doing a great job with him Sam! The house looks wonderful too. =)

Take care,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to David! What a big boy! He is bigger than my 4 year old! I love the pics and look forward to the updates!

Brandy
(PW mommy)

Anonymous said...

What a cute...Happy Birthday little man...2 already wow...I love the pics of him laughing...too sweet

Rachel

Andi said...

Happy Birthday to David. The envelope made me smile. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late in responding!

Happy Belated Birthday, David!

He is such a beautiful boy!!

I hope he continues to wow everyone around him. My Hubby likes seeing him too, he said David is a great kiddo!!

What's the rest of the story?