David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our Christmas pictures (and more)

Christmas Eve:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

David loves his table and chair set - but I crack up every time he sits in it because he keeps his legs straight out like this. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image


Christmas Day, at Meme's
user posted image

Kylie, getting her gift that I made her
user posted image

David loved Kylie's purse 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Jaxon's getting so big!!
user posted image

Kylie got a tickle me elmo - it's so cute! David just kept pushing it over though, he's kind of a bully. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Here's some other random pictures - hanging out in the garage with Daddy
user posted image


David always wants to go outside lately - so one day I put a coat on him and took him out... as soon as he realized how cold it was he wanted back in 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif (it wasn't too bad that day, probably 35 degrees or so, not much wind)

Anyways, I snapped a few pictures while we were out that I thought I'd share.

user posted image

Do I really have to wear this hood, mom?
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

David comes up to me several times a day and waves his little hand (still backwards 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif ), his way of telling me that he wants to go "bye bye." After the millionth time of seeing that today I decided to take him outside, I figured it would make him happy... um no. He actually wanted to leave. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
So David had to go to the doctor's Friday because he was been pulling at his ears, turns out he has an infection in each ear. Poor kid. So, they gave him two antibiotic shots and put him on oral antibiotics for ten days. They're treating it pretty agressively, which puzzles me because normally they hold off on antibiotics unless they're absolutely necessary.

Here's the pictures that Javier took after they got back from the doctor. Javier says he's crying because he was grumpy after his shots 36_19_5%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

On the upside, the last couple of days have been amazing with David - he's gained a ton of confidence walking, and although he's not by any means graceful yet, he's improving by leaps and bounds. It's so weird to see him walk by. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

user posted image
Being silly
user posted image
user posted image

I just think this picture is funny - and yes, that's actually what I put him in for bed. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Anyways, here's another couple of random nighttime pictures that I found
user posted image
user posted image

Well Saturday he broke out in hives all over his body, and was puking all over the place.

So we called the doctor and they said it was the antibiotic, to discontinue use immediately, give him phenergan for the nausea, pedialyte till he quits puking, and benadryl for the rash.

So I went to pick up the phenergan and the new antibiotic, and the pharmacist is like "You know we don't recommend phenergan for children under the age of four. Do you have any history of SIDS in your family?"

I'm like... uh... no...

She's like "does he sleep with a pacifier?"

Um.. no...

She goes "OK that's all you need to know!"

36_19_2%5B1%5D.gif WHAT?!? Are you kidding me?

So anyways, I called my ped back and was like ummm I'm not sure I want to give this to him... but she reassured me that it would be okay and to give half if I wasn't comfortable giving the whole thing. So I did.

Oh... did I mention those are SUPPOSITORIES? 36_19_7%5B1%5D.gif

The things we do for our kids. 36_19_4%5B1%5D.gif

The good news is, I only had to give one of them, and the rash and nausea went away.

No comments:

What's the rest of the story?