David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Here's some new pictures: while at Meme's, Weston was giving the kids rides on the granny-mobile 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Cracker time!
user posted image
user posted image

Jaxon was so cute with the tennis racket that was as big as he is 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

The other day I got home from work and David was hanging out, in his jersey, eating pizza with his Daddy and some of Daddy's friends. I just thought it was cute:
user posted image

My lil daredevil... David was playing in the office chair, and I was turning him around in it. Well, he let go and, (I swear it was like in slow motion) flew off the chair.

He didn't go far, obviously, and fell on only carpet... it scared the crap out of me, but he wanted to go again. 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif

Some pictures from therapy:
The great big ball pit that they have for them to play in
user posted image

And the swing - naturally David loves it.
user posted image

Here's his occupational therapist (I didn't catch her name yet) - he seems to really like her.
user posted image
David gets to go swimming at therapy. Apparently, he had a really great time. David and his therapist:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Amy and I took the kids to this place . It originally seemed like a good idea. But that's eight acres of corn that you can't get out of, until you figure your way out. And mixing that with two toddlers a hot day... never a good idea. 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif We were super relieved to find an exit about halfway through. They also have hayrides and corn shooting... all kinds of things really. We went to the corn maze first.
user posted image

There were people perched up above watching, like lifeguards
user posted image
user posted image

No Bad Language - our corn has tender ears 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

By the time we were out, the kids were sooooo tired
user posted image
user posted image

Enjoying a snack in the car, waiting for Weston to complete the maze
user posted image

Time to pick out pumpkins!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

David was NOT amused 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Then we went on the hayride - Jaxon was so sleepy LOL
user posted image

David helped me carve the pumpkin that we bought there a few days later. Well, not really carve it, but he helped me scoop out all the insides. He was so cute, standing over this pumpkin, digging in it with a big spoon 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

I was going to take pictures, but the battery died. I think I had more fun with him since I wasn't worried about the camera. 36_1_11%5B1%5D.gif

The funniest picture EVER of David...I was cracking up! I'm not really sure how he got himself into this position... but I couldn't stop laughing 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif

user posted image

So the other day, David (who is talking like crazy now - still nowhere near as much as the average three year old, but tons more than he did even a few weeks ago) told me to "Move!"

I said "YOU move!" 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

He goes "No!"

36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif I couldn't stop giggling, it was so cute, listening him say things that make sense.


Anyways, Today was the reunion at the Heart Hospital. I was so upset because I had missed the NICU reunion this year, so I had to take David up there so we could see all the old nurses.

Here's David and Dawn:
user posted image

Compared to 2006:
user posted image

Here's David and Carrie - this is in the room that we were in for over two months back then... brought back alot of memories!
user posted image

(I guess I don't have a picture of the two of them from back then?)

Anyways - the nurses have pictures of David hanging up at the nurses station from a long time ago. One of the ladies went and got the pictures of David and showed him:
user posted image
user posted image

This is the picture he's looking at:
user posted image

It's crazy how much he's grown!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spit coke all over my monitor with that pic of him stuck in his chair. What a ham!!

Anonymous said...

he was such a cute chubby bunny!! how adorable!!

-aty

What's the rest of the story?