David Christopher was born on August 3rd, 2005, at only 26 weeks and 6 days gestation.

He weighed in at 1 lb, 4oz, and was 12.5 inches long.

Here's his story.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!!

I know it's been forever since I've updated but I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.

I can't believe that was my baby's FOURTH Christmas! It hardly seems fair, how quickly he's growing. Here's a brief synopsis
2005
user posted image


2006
user posted image


2007
user posted image


2008
user posted image


Aww he's grown up so much!!

David really made out on Christmas Eve! He got tons of toys and clothes. For the most part, we had a really nice evening spending time with the family. Here are the pictures.

Weston and Jaxon playing the PSP
user posted image

Time to open presents!!

(He looks so surprised, but come to find out, that one was for me 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif )
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

He loved this shirt so much he wanted to put it on right away LOL
user posted image

Here's Wes with his guitar
user posted image

Jaxon was trying to give David a hug... but David didn't want one 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

Kylie LOVED this doll! I'm not sure she even realized that she got any other presents!
user posted image

Here she is feeding it:
user posted image
Meme, David, and Jaxon
user posted image

JoAnn, David, and Jaxon
user posted image

And, this is what Jaxon does when you say "Show me your mean face" 36_11_6%5B1%5D.gif
user posted image

In lieu of presents this year because of our financial situation, Javier and I decided that we would instead do everything possible to make today the best holiday together ever! It was great! I cooked a turkey for the first time, and it turned out FABULOUS! It was so juicy and so pretty! I wanted to get a picture of it, but didn't get a chance to before it was cut into. I was really proud of how it turned out.

David had a great day, despite waking up with a fever. Here's some pictures.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

David is so cuddly sometimes. I love the way he fits perfectly into my arms when we cuddle, as if he is a piece of the puzzle that was missing before he was born.

awww 36_1_1%5B1%5D.gif

David has learned how to make his tricycle go all by himself already!! We decided to go for a little walk up the street one day because they were having a garage sale. Well, I put him on his tricycle and pushed him up there on it. He sat on the tricycle and played with the straps while I glanced around, and next thing I knew, he was making it go all by himself!!!

23_30_125%5B1%5D.gif I'm so excited for him!

I got to go to therapy with David on Monday which was really exciting for me because normally I'm at work and my sister takes him. I love that place! David loves it too, as was evident from the moment he walked in - strutting around like he owned the place 36_1_20%5B1%5D.gif

Here he is in the waiting room.
user posted image

Shortly after I snapped that picture, David proceeds to have a temper tantrum and throw his glasses across the room. The lens popped off and I couldn't find it anywhere!! I was in a panic, trying to find this little lens, with people walking everywhere. I was terrified of someone stepping on it. While I'm frantically searching, David find the door and tries to leave! Crap.gif I finally found the lens, but it was pretty stressful for a minute LOL

Anyways, here he is on a little scooter thing. She was having him go all the way down the hall to get a piece to a puzzle, come back and place it in the correct place, and then go back for another piece. It made *me* tired LOL
user posted image

Here's a short video
user posted image

Then it was time for the swing.
user posted image

And then, right before we left, it was time for the ball pit.
user posted image
user posted image

And finally, a quick request. David has to have minor surgery on February 10th. He has a mild hernia in the middle of his abdomen. I noticed it one night when he was having a screaming fit. When he pushes on those muscles (like when he's trying to sit up, or when he's screaming, it causes it to poke out a little bit.

I panicked that night and was *this* close to rushing him to the emergency room *blush* - but I did end up taking him into see a surgeon who said that it was not anything emergent but he'd like to go ahead and fix it before it becomes a problem.

While the surgeon is there, he's also going to remove the granuloma that has built up around David's mickey button.

It's nothing serious, and I know we've been through a ton worse, but it's still scary when our babies have to have surgery.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I don't think I've ever commented, but wanted to say I'll be praying for David yet again. My 9 month old just had surgery and no matter how 'minor' its still scary. But i'm sure you already know that with everything you have been through though. I hve been following Davis' story since he was born and your blog is truely inspirational. Thanks for the updates!

What's the rest of the story?